Ravenminer supports PPLNS and PPS payout methods. The default method is PPLNS. You can switch to PPS by adding “pps” to your miner password. If you already have something in your password, separate “pps” with a comma, e.g. “miner1,pps”
PPLNS stands for “Pay Per Last N Shares”, with this method the pool pays miners for each valid block found. Miners get paid proportionally for their effort. It is the most popular payment method. It calculating payments on the basis of the number of shares submitted by the miner during a particular time frame.
- Lower pool fee, we have 0.5% fee for PPLNS
- More coins in your wallet in the long run. Probably 0.5% more coins in a year.
- Earnings frequency depends on pool luck. Sometimes it can take hours.
- The pool needs to wait for the block to be confirmed by the network before paying it out
More technical details about the implementation here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=39832
PPS stands for “Pay Per Share”, with this method the pool pays miners for each submitted share. We update PPS earnings every 10 minutes.
- Earnings are more reliable, not affected by pool luck
- No need to wait for the block to be confirmed
- Higher pool fee needed to cover orphan blocks, shares for which still count toward PPS rewards
- About 0.5% fewer coins in your wallet in the long run
PPLNS and PPS payout methods – which is better?
See the FAQ
You must be logged in to post a comment.